Mar 4, 2007

Remember the big picture...

Because it's easy to get lost in minutia.

I was feeling all good about myself by remembering that the gonadal veins are not symmetrical, thus was proudly identifying the "left testicular vein" because it drained into the left renal vein, while the right testicular vein drains into the inferior vena cava...

The wonderful Dr. J (who said the easiest way to identify the junction between the jejunum and ileum was to squint really hard at the small intestines until you could read "I-L-E" with an arrow) said I needed to review my anatomy in a big way, causing me to look at him in hurt confusion for a moment until he pointed a bit south of the vein...

Women apparently don't have testicular veins. Go fig. They have ovarian veins. So we're just going to say "gonadal" vein from now on. Sigh.

So how screwed am I for anatomy that I can no longer differentiate between the male and female of the species? Not only is it going to mess up midterms, but my social life will never be the same...

1 comment:

Ranni said...

I'd say you're probably studing too much but I'm afraid you'd throw something from where your hero's been at me. :P