Apr 4, 2008

Gerblah

I'm running out of titles that are synonymous with "AHHHHHH!!!!!!!" so I'm just starting to make up words, much in the same way that the micro department is making up drug names.

Okay, they're not but man oh man if I ever make it to pharm, it's going to KILL me.

So in the final countdown before the exam, I'm just trying to make up impromptu mnemonic devices (the three inhibitors of the 50S ribosomal subunit are Macrolides, Lincosamides, and Streptogramins, which Murder Large Subunits" to attempt to carry my worn out, overtaxed short term memory through the exam.

Incidentally, this tactic is also how I once got an "A" in college German and two weeks after it ended, couldn't say anything but "Welcome to Germany!" which has somewhat limited usefulness. If it does pull me through micro even though I burned out half the circuits in immuno, having to relearn it from scratch for the boards should be a peach.

On the plus side, I managed to get through all my week one flashcards while watching the sunset off the point and alternately feeding my half cooked chicken roti to the crabs. Salmonella reduces exam performance, particularly since these guys are pretty harsh on the bathroom breaks, the course directors, not the crabs; I don't think the crabs care.

I'm also loving the making of flashcards. Why? Because "Weeks 1-3" Ishie was INFINITELY more responsible than "Weeks 4-5 Ishie", which means "Weeks 1-3" Ishie made a buttload of flashcards for "Last Minute Panic" Ishie to be able to go through rather than trying to reread all the lecture notes.

Well, back to it. 8 hour countdown...

No comments: