Aug 15, 2007

I'm a second termer!!!!!

So, I'm a whole LOT happier now. My goodness, that in betwixt and between stage was unsettling to me, and now it's resolved.

It's about bedtime (early classes this term), so I'll have to fill in details later, but the short of it...

I got an "A" on the biochem exam, and a "B" in the class, thus, on my transcript, I have the same grade in anatomy that I do in biochem and I'm best at histo, a class about which I remember almost precisely nothing... No wonder residencies look at board scores instead of grades...

I thought the test was pretty hard, but it was apparently the same test the others took, including getting the same 5 questions thrown out, so that was cool...

One of the secretaries in the biochem office thinks I'm a complete freak now because she came out of the office just as I walked out of the other side of the office where I learned my score, and caught me mid "Holy crap I passed, I did well yee-haa whoopie" spastic dance...

I REGISTERED! I am now a REAL student of SGU and a second termer rather than a nonperson who can be disappeared at will. It means I have my frigging schedule at long last, since that was a particularly sore point with me.

I have my books, which, for the record, for all terms except first term, bring the receipt you're mailed at the end of the term when you order the books for next term, otherwise you may not get them until you do. I managed it thanks largely in part to a friend of mine who apparently was at the point today that I was at with Air Jamaica, and rode in on her coattails (without being mean; I used up my "Oh, that's IT!!!" rant to get my luggage back).

So all is well in the world, at least for the next few hours, and details on things like Carnival are coming.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hoorah! I'm so proud of you. Not surprised though. I knew you'd beat your demons and ace the thing!

Mom