Mar 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!



Okay, okay, it's not a very traditional cake, but it is drooltastic, I think anyone could agree, particularly when one has no access to such a thing. And 'baking it myself' isn't an option, because honestly, I'm a person that's challenged by Betty Crocker premix. Add that to a gas stove, and you have a disaster.

So what's new over at Casa de Rock? Path, path, path, and more path (and micro). Path has this odd combination of being both 13 units and, to date, extremely interesting, plus has the whole large group of people meeting nearly daily aspect to keep me from descending into my usual lazy slugism that keeps me perpetually behind. Not sufficient to make me go to lecture, though. It takes direct and persistent professor-pressure to do that.

What does that all mean? Ishie gonna fail micro. Yes, micro, the "little" five unit class that's difficult, has notoriously nasty exams, yet ends up getting back-burnered by so very many people because 5 seems so much smaller than 13.

And on that realization, what am I going to do now? Study more pathology, of course. Last night I was so buried in tuberculosis (mmmm... caseating necrosis), that when the power and internet went out in a fell swoop, I barely noticed.

As far as power outages in Grenada go, by the way, I believe this makes two, possibly three in total I've experienced since I got here. On the plus side, I got to use my new "emergency flashlight". On the minus side, Grenada still hasn't even come close to sucking at power provision the way California-under-Gray-Davis did. Though you pay for the privilege!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ishie -- go to class (once in a while).
Professor pressure from drbob

Ishie said...

D'oh!

I go to labs... do I get half-credit?

Anonymous said...

Hey I just read your whole friggin blog from beginning to end and it was pretty dam good!

I'll be applying to med schools soon and SGU is one of my options.

Just wanted to say that your blog was really insightful and gave me a good POV on what life on the island is like.

Thank you so much and good luck with everything!

And quit stressing out about everything....you're a lot better than you think you are ;)

Ishie said...

Awwww, thank you so much! I really appreciate the feedback, and hope to see you at SGU (if it's your first application choice and all; if not, hope you get into your 1st choice)!