Jan 12, 2008

Goodbye, cold weather

What an unpleasant adaptation I am going to have to make.

I'm a cold weather creature, which means that while it takes me a year in the Caribbean to begin even PRETENDING to be able to tolerate mildly hot weather for short periods of time, I can be shoveling off the dog run with wet hair in running shorts and a robe (seexxxxy) in 35 degree weather within three weeks.

But, I'd better get used to it, because I'm heading back to Grenada at 5:30 in the morning, and taking off for Boston to deal with the lovely people at American Airlines. In the last six months, they've screwed up 4 of the 4 flights I've taken with them. Let's see if they can make it 6.

Ahhhh, I've had a good vacation. Saw family, had good times, saw snow, spent the last two days in New York and Montreal and in the latter, ate at a place so French it had "Chez" in the name. I know, right? Pictures will be coming as soon as I've arrived in Grenada (AA and Liat willing, of course), settled in, attended my first day of classes, and registered. Er, yeah.

Safe travels and arrivals to all! May the pothounds you inevitably encounter be rabies-free.

No comments: