Feb 11, 2009

Day 133: Today, Nothing Happened

It's hard to blog about studying. It's hard to blog about being locked inside studying.

Um... I had my favorite teacher like, ever, die, so that's sucktastic.

I took my day off cleaning out the storeroom and losing at mini golf. So that was cool.

I've been studying immunology and finally feel like I have a grasp on it, since it's one of the less tangible subjects taught in SGU and the classes for it are really what kicked off my "never attend lecture again" rule. Hooray Chediak Higashi syndrome.

Now, I'm doing preliminary pathology, which is cool since I actually like the subject. I'm trying to work out how exactly I'm going to work in anatomy since I've let it go so many times that now it's a "needs work" area, but it's also somewhat low yield for the boards, so I'm trying to find a happy medium.

So... fascinating? Not really...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ishie, thanks for posting. Only peolpe as smart as you care about content, for the rest of us it's all about how many words their are. And now there's more than before. Thank you.

Briana said...

Hey Ishie...congrats on being done with the basic sciences. I am looking at a few lower-tier US schools (like Howard University) that has avg 3.2gpa and 27 MCAT.

The tuition is the same for both SGU and Howard, but I am confused about which school is better.

If you were in my shoes where would you go?

Thanks,
Briana

Ishie said...

Hey there! And thanks.

Generally, I'd say US med school > Caribbean medical school, so that would push Howard above SGU. Also, with the current economy, if you're using loans for school (as I am), there are generally more loans available and more reliable loans available for US schools.

I can't say "Definitely Howard" because I don't know enough about Howard. But I would say "probably Howard".

Heather Kirkwood said...

Hey there, you don't know me, but I regularly do google searches for Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome and Chediak-Higashi Syndrome. Call it corny, but I'm tickled that CHS got a mention in your coursework. Best of luck in your studies!

Ishie said...

Hi Heather! Thanks for reading. I can't believe I'm a google hit! When I was searching out Chediak Higashi, I kept getting pictures of the albino killer whale, which wasn't all that useful, but it was cool. ;)