May 8, 2009

Hooray for Housing

And for friends helping friends find friends... and friends. I think I lost a word.

I have a roommate and an apartment in Park Slope, and best of all, said roommate is someone I know from SGU rather than a psycho on craigslist who stuffs my stethoscope down my throat as soon as s/he finds out I have to get up mega early once my surgery rotation starts. AND no huge multi-thousand dollar up front fee, so now I just get to be excited rather than miserably stressed/excited.

Orientation's on the 22nd for Brooklyn, and I'll be starting in psych, which means I'll be reporting to northern Manhattan since that rotation is off site and the commute is longer, but it also gives me the street cred of working in Manhattan. Heh.

Since I'm still in California (which had been complicating my search), I'm flying out on the night of the 17th to attempt to stuff as much Ikea furniture into my bedroom before my rotation starts. My new roomie also introduced me to the concept of the ZipCar, which should make the process of transferring furniture a *lot* easier.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How'd you do on Step I? (After your entries on preparing, you have to share the outcome!)

Ishie said...

After 2.5 or so weeks of waiting (I took my exam on a Friday, but got it the Wednesday of the third week), I got my score.

239/99 I was really relieved.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on Step 1 and your placement. Don't worry about catching any psych disorders on your first rotation. I think you've already built up immunity.
I'm off to the rock 5/22 for two weeks vacation, probably do some diving. Definitely will explore some new waterfalls and do my share of floating along the beach. All the best.
drbob

Ishie said...

Thanks Dr. Bob!

I'm gonna see how many psych diagnoses I can accumulate for myself in the first week! I'm putting forward a tentative guess of 13.

Niiice on the Rock-trip! Are you going to visit the turtles while you're there?

Anonymous said...

May try to see the turtles - it would be something new and different though I'm not much of a late night guy.
drbob

Ishie said...

Hey, if I can wake up early for lecture, you can stay up for leatherbacks!

Anonymous said...

True dat!
drbob

marilyn and bob said...

(I am long time annexcafe fan who has followed your blog but never posted a comment). But today we were driving down St. Marks Ave. in Prospect Heights (just east of Park Slope in Brooklyn) and passed one of those newly constructed buildings that had a 40 ft high marketing sign on it that said ISHI. I said wow! they may have left off the "E", but it's still a wonderful welcome for her. Welcome to Brooklyn.
--
Peace,
BobJ