Sep 27, 2008

I said what now?

Clarification: Yes, I definitely am not happy with the pathophys department, and think there needs to be actions to change the current course of things, which is pretty much the collective class opinion. Yes, I posted a letter expressing my feelings on the matter because I figured that was the right way to go.

No, I'm not staging any sort of walk-out. Given that I would probably skip a lecture entitled "Ishie, there is a deadly parasite in your drinking water and the only way you'll be able to survive it is...", walking out of a class I rarely attend in the first place seems like it doesn't make much of a statement, nor do I think it would help given the peculiarities of this particular department.

However; I would encourage others of those that also would like a more proactive (and less 'blaming the students for a 64% average, as if that's our fault and the points added back were some sort of favor because the dept's going to cut us some slack just this once') change to respectfully voice their concerns. It's been awesome seeing the responses on SGUPost, and the support we have together in this matter. I don't know if it'll help, but I think it's the best option.

No comments: